question

Zachary Heath avatar image
Zachary Heath asked anon-user Deactivated edited

Can one block all inbound calls to the toll free number? (trying to reduce spam charges)

I've been using Ringcentral for several years now, and have never used or given out the toll free number assigned to me by Ringcentral. I get a minimum of 10 spam calls to this number per week, and each one is a 5-6 cent charge. Is there any way to block all inbound calls to the Ringcentral-assigned toll free number? I am just as happy to delete the number, if that's the only option available. Thanks for any help you can give!

phone
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

If this Toll-Free number is one of the company numbers and not assigned to an extension, there is no option to block all calls for this number because it will block from all other company numbers you have.

0 Likes 0 ·
Zachary Heath avatar image Zachary Heath mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Is it possible, then, to remove the toll free number from the system entirely? As in, would deleting that number from the account have any sort of knock-on effect to the rest of the phone system? As mentioned, we don't use the number, don't want to use the number, and all we get on that line is spam.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Zachary Heath commented ·

You need to contact your Account Manager for this. It depends on your plan subscription. Another option would be to change the number completely.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app