question

Evening Star Barron avatar image
Evening Star Barron asked mary-community-moderator commented

After adding a phone to a ring group, it is not ringing

I have added a new phone to my Ring Group, and for some reason it is not ringing when a call rolls over, even though all the other phones in that group ring. Anyone have any ideas?

ringcentral app
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

First of all please check if the phone configuration is correct and there no DND for that number, also make sure that the phone is not mute and ring mode is on.

"When you add anew phone number into the call forwarding list, make sure that the toggle switch is set to enable" ref: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Set-up-Ring-Group.html

If issue persist, please check with technical support team here https://support.ringcentral.com/contact-support.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Evening Star Barron avatar image Evening Star Barron commented ·

Hi, yes, the configuration is correct. The phone is not on DND, it is not on mute, and the ring mode is on. The phone does ring if a call comes directly to that extension. It only refuses to ring when part of this Ring Group.

screenshot-2021-07-20-083725.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Evening Star Barron commented ·

May I know which number are you referring to in this screenshot?

0 Likes 0 ·
Evening Star Barron avatar image Evening Star Barron mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Sure! The top number in the ring group, (505) 582-2354

0 Likes 0 ·
Pam Bredenkamp avatar image Pam Bredenkamp commented ·

I am having the same problem. We added a new extention but it will not ring. It is not on DND.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Pam Bredenkamp commented ·

Hi @Pam Bredenkamp, may I know what is the new extension number and what extension is the ring group created so I can check?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app