question

andrewbrown9417 avatar image
andrewbrown9417 asked Shaun Kirton answered

Adding ability to make calls through Microsoft Access / VBA

We have a Microsoft Access / VBA application and was wondering if it would be possible to make calls, record those calls and store connection times etc via an API.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I have no experience doing VBA development. RingCentral provides industry-standard Restful API. So as long as your code can invoke Restful API, it is possible. Please post detailed questions when you have them.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
I also don't have experience with VBA, but here is some regular VBScript I wrote a while back to send a fax with the RingCentral REST API which might help.

https://github.com/grokify/ringcentral-sdk-vbs/blob/master/demo/demo_fax.vbs
1 |3000

Shaun Kirton avatar image
Shaun Kirton answered

If you enable the Click to Dial/Fax option in your RingCentral desktop application, you can use the following VBA code assigned to a Command Button to initiate the call programmatically.

Note: Change "Me.txtPhone" to the relevant field on your MS Access form.
Alternately, you can use the DLookUp function to refer to a table.

If IsNull(Me.txtPhone) Then
DoCmd.CancelEvent
Else
Application.FollowHyperlink ("callto:" & Me.txtPhone)
End If

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys