question

Peter Lisle avatar image
Peter Lisle asked Chays van Deventer commented

Unable to activate either automated or on demand call recording in my sandbox account

I have followed the documentation on how to activate call recording but in my sandbox account where the option should be there is nothing!

This means I am unable to make any recordings on this account and therefore am unable to test the recording api calls which I need to graduate my app to production status.

Please help.

developer sandbox
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chays van Deventer avatar image Chays van Deventer commented ·

@Phong Vu I am having the same issue with my Sandbox. Client ID:3DX2no43QFmBMxrTwVp2Mw

Could you either enable Automatic Call recording or help us graduate our app out of sandbox? We are a UK based sandbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is your sandbox account id or main company number?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Peter Lisle avatar image
Peter Lisle answered Phong Vu commented

Hi, my sandbox account ID is 695596005

4 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Your sandbox account is not enabled for automatic call recording. You should be able to click the Record button on the RingCentral Desktop phone to record though. Did you try that or did you try dial *9 to record?

I also enabled automatic call recording for your sandbox too.

1 Like 1 ·
Peter Lisle avatar image Peter Lisle Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong Vu,

I had tried to press the record button on the desktop phone app but got a message that the feature was not allowed but if you have enabled automatic recording then that will solve my issue.

Thank you very much.

Peter.

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Lisle avatar image Peter Lisle Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,

I made a test call (inbound) this morning and no recording was made!

I then checked the admin portal and again there are no options anywhere (Phone System or User) where I can check or change any settings for call recordings (automatic or on-demand).

I need a resolution to this as I can't make any progress until I have at least one recording that I can use to test and graduate my app.

Also can you clarify if the API call limits are per app/user/min or just per user/min i.e. across all apps?

Regards,

Peter.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Peter Lisle commented ·

I checked your sandbox account again and found that it is a U.K based sandbox account. For some reason, call recording feature is not supported for the sandbox at all. I will check with some expert to see how we can enable the feature for your sandbox. Meanwhile, I manually move your app to the production so you can run the app to read call recordings on the production environment.

For API limit, it is per app per user. Read this blog for more.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys