question

Mike Robinson avatar image
Mike Robinson asked Mike Robinson commented

Update Extension - hidden field does not update

I'm trying to modify the 'hidden' field with Update Extension API and I cannot get the value to change. I see the behavior when using the API in my app as well as via the 'try it out' button on the web page. Is there some other requirement to get this field to update? An example use case is the user shows up in the company directory but we want to change hidden to 'true' from 'false'. The API response returns a 200 but the field value does not change.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Mike Robinson commented

Does your app have the "EditExtensions" permission? Can you also print out the response to see if it get changed

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike Robinson avatar image Mike Robinson commented ·

Hi - yes the app has 'Edit Extensions' - I am able to update other fields just fine. rc-image002.png
rc-image001.png

Example of an update that worked:

rc-image003.png

Let me know if you need anything else - thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
rc-image001.png (6.3 KiB)
rc-image003.png (39.5 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Mike Robinson commented ·

Thanks for sharing the details. I can confirm that the hidden param is not working and I will report the problem to the platform team. Will give you update when it's fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Robinson avatar image Mike Robinson Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys