Question

Meetings Recordings API constant 504

• 23 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Hey folks,

I sent this email over a month ago and got no response, so going to assume that you're no longer monitoring that address. Also, the link you supply to check my tickets ends up in a complete loop and ends up routing me to RC England which doesn't accept my login.

PS Yes I am still getting this error and I have submitted tickets about it as well.

Sent: Thursday, 14 October 2021 9:52 AM
To: devsupport@learn.ringcentral.com
Subject: Service Temporary Unavailable on Get Account Meetings Recordings

Hey folks,

For the last three days, if I make a request to: https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/:accountId/meeting-recordings/ with a single meetingId field I get the following response:

{

"errorCode": "CMN-201",

"message": "Service Temporary Unavailable"

}

HOWEVER if I specify a meetingStartTimeFrom and or meetingStartTimeTo I get returned data, though they are not filtering correctly either. Example:
I have a known meeting I am trying to find by the StartTimeFrom/To, here is the raw data of the meeting:

{

"meeting": {

"id": "1448743814",

"topic": "McCartney Electrical Solutions - SESSION - INVOICING - Karen",

"startTime": "2021-08-10T23:00:15Z",

"uuid": "ULfWTpD3RDe+doRQQwoxaw=="

},

"recording": [

{

"id": "ac0eaeb2-c010-4e4f-905c-738125bd95c6",

"contentDownloadUri": "https://media.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/2194749014/extension/2203352014/meeting/ULfWTpD3RDe%252BdoRQQwoxaw%253D%253D/recordings/ac0eaeb2-c010-4e4f-905c-738125bd95c6/content",

"contentType": "video/mp4",

"size": 104587835,

"startTime": "2021-08-10T23:00:17Z",

"endTime": "2021-08-11T00:09:23Z",

"status": "COMPLETED",

"uuid": "ULfWTpD3RDe+doRQQwoxaw=="

}

]

}

Now, if I set meetingStartTimeFrom: 2021-08-10T23:00:00Z which is 15 secs before the startTime listed above I get no results:

page1.png

Changing the page number doesn’t change any of the returned data either:

page2.png

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Your attachments do not show up?

The right email ID to reach to devsupport is devsupport@ringcentral.com , however we are ending email based supports. So you will need to open a support ticket using the link below:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

Can you please open a support ticket and provide the API Request Headers , Request body and Response and the team will investigate it further and will get back to you ?

Please expect some delay in the response due to Thanksgiving holidays. The team will be back on Monday morning.

This is STILL not working!
2784-1638763857337.png

OMG Even your support portal is INOP!

2792-1638764115435.png

Userlevel 1

Let me ping the support team and ask them to contact you.

For your original question, I think the RCM get meeting recordings list API really has an issue. I got the same error "Service Temporary Unavailable" on my test with an invalid meeting id.

@Bradley Bristow-Stagg I just checked the meetingID that you posted in the previous post, I couldn't find the meeting related to that ID. May I know where did you get that ID from?

Also , I checked other IDs that are available on your logs and the url works Fine for those IDs

for example:

GET /restapi/v1.0/account/~/meeting-recordings?meetingStartTimeFrom=2021-05-10T23:00:00Z&meetingId=1440295829 HTTP/1.1
Host: platform.ringcentral.com
Content-Type: application/json
Accept: application/json
Authorization: Bearer [token]

returns 200 OK response with the body of meeting ID : 1440295829

For fetching meeting for specific ID as well , the meetingStartTime is required field

Do you have another examples of missing meeting IDs? Can you share?

For invalid meetingID I got a 404 response with msg :

{"errorCode": "CMN-102","message": "Resource for parameter [meetingId] is not found"}

I just checked the support ticket link to create a ticket and it works just fine . Can you please retry ?
https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

ringcentral-developers.png

Userlevel 1

"For fetching meeting for specific ID as well , the meetingStartTime is required field"

Internal identifier of a meeting. Either meetingId or meetingStartTime/meetingEndTime can be specified

So no, if you specify the meeting id, you don't need the meetingStartTimeFrom param. Does not make sense if this is really required!

@Bradley Bristow-Stagg Now, I also notice that the meeting id you posted here is not strange. Where did you get it from?

As I said earlier, I don't have a meeting recording so I cannot verify. But form the API reference, the sample response shows that the meeting id is a long number as string

"meeting": {
      "uuid": "cH8KxkWpR1ea+SvPYeCwoQ==",
       "id": "12345678",
       "topic": "Meeting Topic",
       "startTime": "2018-07-02T10:30:00Z",
      }, 

You documentation SPECIFICALLY says; EITHER OR, does NOT specifiy BOTH as required.

screenshot-2021-12-07-121443.png

See above the highlighted section. Why should I need to provide BOTH when a meeting can only have ONE ID? It is a UNIQUE identifier.

Also, I did not say that the create link does not work, but I showed that your support portal to view/review tickets is broken.