Question

Sending a fax does not work when you have attachments

• 8 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I have the following problem:

I am using the code for sending a fax as it is published in the official documentation.

// Send Fax

$request = $rcsdk->createMultipartBuilder()
                 ->setBody(array(
                     'to'         => array(
                         array('phoneNumber' => xxxxxxxxxxxxx),
                     ),
                     'faxResolution' => 'High',
                 ))
                 ->add('Plain Text', 'file.txt')
                 ->add(fopen('https://developers.ringcentral.com/assets/images/ico_case_crm.png', 'r'))
                 ->request('/account/~/extension/~/fax');

//print $request->getBody() . PHP_EOL;

$response = $platform->sendRequest($request);

print 'Sent Fax ' . $response->json()->uri . PHP_EOL;

This works perfectly for me in my local development environment. (Windows 10, WampServer, php 7.2.25, Laravel 5.5.9). But when I do the deploy in LIVE (aws, ngix, php 7.2.25, Laravel 5.5.9) it doesn't send the fax and it gives me the following error:

ERROR: 400 Bad Request (and additional error happened during JSON parse: Response is not JSON) {"userId":00,"email":"xxxxxx@xxx.com","exception":"[object] (RingCentralSDKHttpApiException(code: 400): 400 Bad Request (and additional error happened during JSON parse: Response is not JSON) at /home/forge/onemed.us/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Http/Client.php:52, Exception(code: 0): Response has unsuccessful status at /vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Http/Client.php:44)
[stacktrace]
#0 vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Platform/Platform.php(310): RingCentralSDKHttpClient->send(Object(GuzzleHttpPsr7Request))
#1 app/Http/Controllers/RingCentralController.php(353): RingCentralSDKPlatformPlatform->sendRequest(Object(GuzzleHttpPsr7Request))

This occurs when there are files attached to the fax. When there is none, the fax is sent

I have read in other threads that there are users with some similar problems but they do not detail the solution.

2 replies

It could be that the headers Content-Type for Send Fax might be wrong . The content-type is supposed to be 'multipart/mixed'

Can you change your code to something like this ?

@Yatin Gera @Yatin Gera Can you please test the PHP SDK and make changes as necessary ?

$builder = new MultipartBuilder();
 $builder->setBody(['to' => ['phoneNumber' => 'foo'], 'faxResolution' => 'High'])
                ->setBoundary('boundary')
                ->add('plain text', 'plain.txt', ['Content-Type' => 'text/custom']);

@Ivan Irias
What you seem to be missing is adding a form boundary to be used in the multipart form request
The SDK will take care of creating the form data for you with multiple attachments but you need to provide a form data boundary

<?php
require('vendor/autoload.php');

$RECIPIENT = '<NUMBER>';
$RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = '<CLIENT_ID>';
$RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = '<CLIENT_SECRET>';
$RINGCENTRAL_SERVER = RingCentralSDKSDK::SERVER_PRODUCTION;

$RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME = '<USERNAME>';
$RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD = '<PASSWORD>';
$RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION = '';

$rcsdk = new RingCentralSDKSDK($RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, $RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, $RINGCENTRAL_SERVER);

$platform = $rcsdk->platform();
$platform->login($RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, $RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, $RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD);

$request = $rcsdk->createMultipartBuilder()
->setBody(array(
  'to' => array(array('phoneNumber' => $RECIPIENT)),
  'faxResolution' => 'High',
  'coverPageText' => 'Sending using PHP'
))
->setBoundary('--multipart-form-boundary--')
->add(fopen('https://developers.ringcentral.com/assets/images/ico_case_crm.png', 'r'))
->add('First page with text', 'first.txt')
->add('Second page with text', 'second.txt')
->request('/account/~/extension/~/fax');

$resp = $platform->sendRequest($request);
print_r ("FAX sent. Message status: " . $resp->json()->messageStatus);
?>

This should be helpful

Let me know if you are still stuck.

Best,
Yatin