News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Best way to get ring/wait/hold times and abandoned call stats?
Tags: call logs, analytics and reporting
Feb 22, 2022 at 6:59am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Tom Kelleher

I am just beginning my adventure into the Ring Time api. Looks pretty cool.

We need to report to our client various breakdowns of average call time, wait time, hold time, the number and distribution of abandoned calls, voicemails and more.

I assumed the call log data would include these things, showing the steps and stages in the life cycle of each call. But it doesn't.

What is the best practice around this? Understand we need to report in the aggregate across months of calling data. In fact, we would like to download this data for the past several months to provide a baseline.

It seems the Notification API would allow us to receive a torrent of call events moment by moment, which we could filter to assemble our stats, This would work, but is not optimal. (I'd like to go to the deli and simply order 50 finished sandwiches, rather than have the deli owner fling lettuce, tomato and ham slices at my head for four hours, trusting I'll bring a certain DIY spirit to the endeavor.)

If it matters, we are working with AWS. If there are best practices for accomplishing this that go beyond the obvious (webhooks > API Gateway > SQS > storage > analysis), I'm glad to learn!

Also, if the Analysis API provides what I am looking for, then great. I'm spending part of today researching that.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer
answered on Feb 22, 2022 at 11:58am  

on Feb 22, 2022 at 12:40pm   •  0 likes

Yes, thanks! I'm looking at the Analytics API (I mistakenly called it the "analysis API"). This is probably going to help the most.

Your two articles are helpful w.r.t. webhooking the live events. But as to my deli metaphor, I'd prefer to collect historical data than have to gather it and assemble it on the fly. (In fact, we'll need start with downloading a few months of historical data as a baseline.)

Thanks very much!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us