Question

Webhook only works for missed calls not for Voicemails

• 24 February 2022
  • 6 replies

We have created Webhook Subscription for getting missed calls.

We are using "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?direction=Inbound&missedCall=true" to get all missed calls/Voicemails.

However, I am not able to find "Voicemail" logs in the results. I see them in the "Call Log" page of RingCentral, but not the API call-log results.

Webhooks are working only for missed calls not for voice calls. Do i have to add another eventfileter for Voicemails?

6 replies

Hi @sneha-rao
From what I remember, voicemail data is not sent over the telephony session event filter
There is a separate event filter for voicemails
https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Voicemail-Message-Event
This will give you notifications related to new new voice mail, voicemails read, voicemail deleted
So you will have to create a subscription with 2 event filters and add your logic to handle events accordingly

Hope this is helpful

Userlevel 1

Confirm that this is an issue (it happened before and was fixed and now it happens again). I will report the issue to the dev team. Meanwhile, you can workaround this by subscribe for the telephony/sessions event and detect voicemail via the event payload

...parties[{...status: { code:"Voicemail" ...}}]

Userlevel 1

I ran my test today and the voicemail event notification is working again as normal. Not sure how and when it was fixed. Can you run your app again and let me know if it still does not work for you.

Thank you @Phong Vu for replaying.

I am using

$r = $platform->post('/subscription', array(
"eventFilters" => array(
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?direction=Inbound&missedCall=true",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1209292019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1209293019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1209302019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1209304019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1310230019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1310250019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/1717554019/voicemail",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/989910019/voicemail"
),

It works great for missed calls. but it doesn't work for voicemail sometimes. Not sure why voicemails is not sent sometimes.

Hi @Rpbhoir30 yes I'm super admin. I'm trying to as a super admin. Which language were you using ?

I was using PHP langugae.