Solved

JWT Not Working in Production

• 1 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am using the RC Javascript library (v4.7.0). Our app graduated from sandbox to production. To accommodate this change, we updated our server, client id, client secret, and JWT values to the production values. However, we cannot even authenticate. We get the following error:

LOG: Error caught in ringcentral.auth(), Error: Resource not found: at Client.<anonymous> (C:D3src ode_modules@ringcentralsdklibhttpClient.js:115:35)

Our app was set up to use JWT auth flow and the sandbox values still work. Just not the production ones. Our code is simple:

let rcsdk = new RingCentral({

server: keys.Secrets.ringcentral_server,

clientId: keys.Secrets.ringcentral_client_id,

clientSecret: keys.Secrets.ringcentral_client_secret

});

let platform = rcsdk.platform();

await platform.login({

jwt: keys.Secrets.ringcentral_jwt,

});

Like I said, if I change the ringcentral variable values above back to sandbox, we can authenticate.

To show that we are indeed in production, here is a screenshot of the credentials page for our app:

1646148632551.png

Has anyone else had this problem?

icon

Best answer by ByrneReese 1 March 2022, 21:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Give me your app client id.

@Help Center I checked your account to see if there was a problem, but saw none. To create a JWT follow this instructions: * Login to Developer Console * In the upper righthand corner, click your profile name * Select "Credentials" from the menu * Click "Create JWT" and you should be good to go.
Ok. You seem to be doing everything right. * Your JWT credential is configured for use with all apps in your org * Your JWT credential is set to production And I assume: * Your app is configured to call platform.ringcentral.com (not platform.devtest.ringcentral.com) * You are presenting the client ID and secret of an app configured for JWT I took the liberty of logging into your account, and using your client/secret, and the JWT token you generated above, and everything worked. There is a remote possibility that our server cache needed to be updated in order for the JWT to be recognized. Try again now that a few minutes have passed and let me know if it works.

It worked!!!

Thank you very much for your help Byrne!