question

Chays van Deventer avatar image
Chays van Deventer asked Chays van Deventer edited

How do I add the SubscriptionWebhook and CallControl Permissions to my app?

I’m having a similar issue as discussed in the following thread:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/8943/call-control-permission-required-for-webhook-subsc.html

Could you please help graduate my app based on the following:

We are having issues with the Call Control and Webhook Subscriptions permissions. If we remove them our app fails in production. To create the webhooks callbacks for letting us know when a call is completed so that we can pull the recording the permission is needed. Without it we get the following errors:

- 403 status code and error message of "[SubscriptionWebhook] application permission is required for [WebHook] transport"

- "message": "Required application permission [CallControl] is missing" This is linked to case 14820907 which I have not heard back on.

ASK: Please could you either promote this App with ClientID fk1w1cjvQQqptDvg52_sgQ or update the permission by including Call Control and Webhook Subscriptions permission on the production app associated to ClientID aEs9m0miS9Wbdh-iKfItRQ.

Thank you for your assistance

developer sandboxpermissions
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Are your apps supposed to be public apps?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chays van Deventer avatar image Chays van Deventer Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

@Phong Vu, I'm not sure I understand the question, so I will respond with our use case.

We will need other RingCentral MVP account to connect and Authenticate to allow our app to pull recordings, but it does not need to be listed in any marketplace to appear within the downloaded ring central app.

I hope that makes sense?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chays van Deventer avatar image Chays van Deventer Chays van Deventer commented ·

@Phong Vu I have gone back to the setting to get clarity on Public vs Private definitions. Given our use case we will need it to be a public Apps which will be callable via any RingCentral customer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered Chays van Deventer edited

@Chays van Deventer Thank you for your question. This is a common request and one we have plans to make easier to change in the future. In the meantime, the answer to this post does address the recommended way to make this change: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/354/i-need-to-change-the-permissions-on-a-production-a.html

That being said, and as mentioned in that post, there are circumstances in which we can on the backend make the changes you are asking for. The proper process to follow is to submit a help ticket so our developer support team can process your request properly.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chays van Deventer avatar image Chays van Deventer commented ·

Hi @Byrne Reese, thanks for getting back to me.

The issue we are experiencing is that permissions are not being registered as being used in the sandbox, even though they are. The steps in the attached post you mentioned was already actioned. However;

If we dont have those permissions, we cant setup the webhook.

If we do have those permissions, we cant graduate the app.

I have requested 2 support tickets with this ask, but have not heard any feedback yet.

Case numbers:

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys