question

steve-tuinstra10024 avatar image
steve-tuinstra10024 asked ·

video API?

Is there an API for doing video calls?   I searched but didn't find anything.  I see API  calls for scheduling RingCentral Meetings but not for doing the actual video feed or GLIP video chat.
aaa
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·
Hi Steve,

You are very close for looking at the meeting APIs. You can use the schedule or create meeting API with these query params:
"allowJoinBeforeHost": true,  "startHostVideo": true,   "startParticipantsVideo": true,
Please see the API reference for more details.  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefMeetingCreation

+ Phong

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

steve-tuinstra10024 avatar image
steve-tuinstra10024 answered ·
I'm looking for the video feed itself, along with the audio feed that would go with it.   This would be for a kiosk that would have the ability to start an on demand video session with customer service staff.
The kiosk would be located at a customer site and the our staff would be at our offices.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.