question

Fausto Chepil avatar image
Fausto Chepil asked Fausto Chepil commented

RingCentral Fax API permissions issues

Is there more than one place to authorize your sandbox app to have access to the Fax API of RingCentral?

I have added faxes in the developers.ringcentral.com section of my registered sandbox app per screen shot, but I still get the following error:

1648842769984.png

send

raise ApiException(response, e)

causes this error:

ringcentral.http.api_exception.ApiException: In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [Faxes] permission

I eventually will switch to a JWT for authentication, but for initial testing I will be using the user login credentials...any chance this is related?

Thanks for the help!

Fausto

fax
1648842769984.png (25.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Fausto Chepil commented

Did it work before when you were asking about the fax attachments? If you just change it, give it a few minutes and try again. Just for sending faxes, no other app permissions needed.

Let me know.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Byrne Reese avatar image Byrne Reese ♦♦ commented ·

I just want to echo what Phong is saying. When an app's settings are updated, it can take up to five minutes for those changes to propagate, and for cache's to refresh. Be patient. If this is now working for you, please mark Phong's answer as accepted!

1 Like 1 ·
Fausto Chepil avatar image Fausto Chepil commented ·

Sorry for late reply. Yes it needed a few minutes.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys