question

David Harmacek avatar image
David Harmacek asked David Harmacek answered

How does my existing web-enabled app control the RC prompts directly?

New and suffering from how rich this is. I have an existing database application which can listen and send via a web server. It can be restful. I need to create an inbound IVR. RC is to answer a call, present the welcome and menu, then send to my app. My app will authenticate caller to the database and direct RC to ask the next question/prompt to the caller. I don't think I have to use any RC menus structures? Is this a webhook?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

It looks like you need the IVR scripting language. Please read this blog and let us know if that is similar to what you want to achieve.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

David Harmacek answered Phong Vu commented

Yes. I had found that article recently. I'm concerned that it is still in Alpha. Should I sign up and try it?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If you think it is the feature you need, I recommend to signup for early access and try it. I think it is stable enough to play with.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Harmacek answered Phong Vu commented

@Phong Vu I've sent two emails in the last two weeks to request this Alpha solution as outlined in the article. I've had no response. Can you help me with that? Thanks

1 comment
1 |3000

Sorry for that David! Let me ping the PM.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Harmacek answered David Harmacek commented

Another week and no response from the PM. Anyone know of another company that offers IVR api?

2 comments
1 |3000

My apologies for the hassle. While waiting for the PM to contact you via email, I grant you the permission to the documentation. You should be able to open this link. Let me know if not.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Harmacek avatar image David Harmacek Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, I can read the documentation.

Dave

0 Likes 0 ·
David Harmacek answered

I've been contacted by Dibyendu. Now for the fun... Thanks

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys