question

Polina Zubova avatar image
Polina Zubova asked Yatin Gera Deactivated answered

What are the possible ui_options available to modify the authentication screen?

Hi, I tried to understand how can I remove continue as button, I don't want to get user the option to login with the same user after logout.

Is there any reference where the whole list of ui_options (one of Form Data Parameters in

GET /restapi/oauth/authorize

) is listed with descriptions? What ui_option I can use for these needs?

Also, one more question about ui_options:

I found the option hide_concent which remove last page in logging pop up about confirm auth content.

but is there an option to show it first time user login and not show on next logins?

rest apiauthentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yatin Gera avatar image
Yatin Gera Deactivated answered

For anyone else looking for the details

These are the options available right now
hide_logo hide_tos hide_remember_me external_popup old_ui
They can be found
here under the ui_options section

Most of them are self-explanatory so there is no page to explain them in detail
hide_logo will hide the logo
hide_tos will hide the terms of service
hide_remember_me will hide the remember me check box
external_popup this will bring 3rd party login (such as Google) it to a pop-up window
old_ui will open the older UI for the login and consent page

Currently, we do not allow parameters like hide_concent. This is from a compliance/security point since the user needs to know the scope the app will be requesting on their account
That being said, unfortunately, we do not remember the consent at this point in time and the user will have to give consent every time they login and I am afraid there might not be a workaround for that at this point in time

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Velmurugan B avatar image
Velmurugan B Deactivated answered Polina Zubova commented

Hey @Polina Zubova ,

1. GET /restapi/oauth/authorize

is to authorize the apps that you created in the developer console to access the ringcentral APIs.

The continue as button that you see while you log in is part of your sign-in process to the RingCentral ecosystem, these two are completely unrelated.

5 comments
1 |3000

Polina Zubova avatar image Polina Zubova commented ·

Hi @Velmurugan B ,

May be I missed something.

In an app I use RingCentralSDK and I can get loginUrl by calling rcsdk.loginUrl(options) in options I can add ui_options parameter and I whant to know where I can have information about all ui_options we have with description.

0 Likes 0 ·
Yatin Gera avatar image Yatin Gera ♦♦ Polina Zubova commented ·

These are the options available right now
hide_logo hide_tos hide_remember_me external_popup old_ui
They can be found
here under the ui_options section

Most of them are self-explanatory so there is no page to explain them in detail
hide_logo will hide the logo
hide_tos will hide the terms of service
hide_remember_me will hide the remember me check box
external_popup this will bring 3rd party login (such as Google) it to a pop-up window
old_ui will open the older UI for the login and consent page

Are you looking for something particular? @Polina Zubova

0 Likes 0 ·
Polina Zubova avatar image Polina Zubova Yatin Gera ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Yatin Gera , yes, I'm looking for information about hide_concent and hide_select_account.
Also, it would be great if I can find the whole list of options somewhere with descriptions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys