question

Oleg Zaiat avatar image
Oleg Zaiat asked Oleg Zaiat edited

Subscribed webhook for event filter '/restapi/v1.0/glip/tasks' have not receive events

I've create a subscription webhook for event filter = '/restapi/v1.0/glip/tasks', but didn't get eny events on create/delete/update a task. Why ?

webhookssubscription
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Out of my curiosity, where did you get that event filter from? I don't see it in the list of event filters in the API reference.

0 Likes 0 ·
Oleg Zaiat avatar image Oleg Zaiat Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yeah, me too. But.. it could be excellent if it will be :)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Oleg Zaiat edited

So instead of asking such a question, ask how to get Team Messaging Task notification events.

In fact, you just need to subscribe for the ''/restapi/v1.0/glip/posts' event and detect the type in the event payload. E.g.

{
  "id": "37742841397252",
  "groupId": "1152743292930",
  "type": "TextMessage",
  "attachments": [
    {
      "section": "Delete",
      "status": "Pending",
      "subject": "Check and clean up",
      "type": "Task"
    }
  ],
  "eventType": "PostAdded"
}
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Oleg Zaiat avatar image Oleg Zaiat commented ·

Yeah, great, but how it will help me to catch an event on update (title, assignees, due datetime, e.t.c.) a task?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Oleg Zaiat commented ·

I don't have the details of what user action would trigger an event for a task. But you can easily detect it with your experiment by subscribing for /posts events, then create a task, modify and update it to see what event and event payload you will get.

It would be great if you can test and share your findings here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Oleg Zaiat avatar image Oleg Zaiat Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Actually this is strange, I mean, why the update of task status or assignees are fire-up the post event, but N O T for task title, description and most important is the due date-time ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys