question

Chady Boutros avatar image
Chady Boutros asked Chady Boutros commented

Accessing Live Incoming Call Data during phone ring

I am not sure what we are doing wrong. I am not a developer, but I have had a few developers work on our ring central private application. We use it to receive incoming and outgoing text messages, live call data, and voice mails.

The problem I have is that the incoming calls that come in seem to have some sort of delay. I don't seem to receive the call information until the call has ended. I am thinking I might be using the wrong permissions. What permission is responsible for delivering live call data, so that I can get the call phone number as soon as the first ring?

Here are the permissions that we are using:

Read Messages
Call Control
SMS
Read Call Log
Read Call Recording
Webhook Subscriptions

caller id
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Since you are not a developer, it is hard for me to discuss and help you with app development problems. Why don't you ask your developers to post technical questions?

All in all, I need to know which event filters do you use for call notifications. What events do you receive and what is the delay of what type of events etc.

Some code snippets and some trace logs would be necessary for diagnosis.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chady Boutros avatar image Chady Boutros Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you Phong, I will have our developer join in on the conversation. I always appreciate your help.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys