question

Alex Rogers avatar image
Alex Rogers asked Tyler Liu commented

MakeCallOut returns CMN-102 for what appears to be a valid deviceId

My request (example below) to MakeCallOut is returning a CMN-102 error. It implies that the deviceId is wrong, but I can't work out why. I've tried sending the request including the accountId and the tilde (~) but can't seem to get it working. I believe this code worked on the sandbox. Now I'm trying it on Production. The call is supposed to dialing using the RingCentral softphone.

Note: This is the second time I've posted this question, but the first post isn't visible. It's still in moderation. I'm not sure why.

See below for trace. I've subsequently found out that my deviceId is "508363071" and when I use this deviceId value then MakeCallOut now works, but I can't figure out how/why this is my Id and why I get a different id returned to the GetDevices.

==

Request:

POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/call-out HTTP/1.1

X-User-Agent: Unknown/0.0.1 RingCentral.Net/5.16.0

Authorization: Bearer RlJBMDhQMzRQQ...

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

Host: platform.ringcentral.com

Content-Length: 73

Expect: 100-continue

{"from":{"deviceId":"801351217067"},"to":{"phoneNumber":"+493022732152"}}

--

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Server: nginx

Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 20:04:45 GMT

Content-Type: application/json

Content-Length: 145

Connection: keep-alive

X-Rate-Limit-Group: heavy

X-Rate-Limit-Limit: 10

X-Rate-Limit-Remaining: 9

X-Rate-Limit-Window: 60

RoutingKey: FRA08P34

RCRequestId: eda7411e-d7ae-11ec-90aa-005056b59535

{

"errors" : [

{

"errorCode" : "CMN-102",

"message" : "Resource for parameter [deviceId] is not found"

}

]

}

sdk
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

Where and how did you get the device ID? Is it working now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Rogers avatar image Alex Rogers Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

No. It's not working for me. But when I read the other posts then I think I understand why. I thought that the "Phone" app in my Device list was the RC app, and I didn't understand why the Device Ids were different.

Now I understand that the RC app doesn't appear in the Device list. I find that annoying especially since the RC app appears to have a Device ID (in the events). But there appears to be now way to find out this Id without just sniffing the events.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ Alex Rogers commented ·

It is a known issue. RC app does have a device ID, but there is not easy way to get it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys