question

Rachel Bolton avatar image
Rachel Bolton asked Rachel Bolton commented

Phone not ringing on c# ringout

I'm trying to place a call between two UK Numbers, both my code and https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/RingOut/createRingOutCall return status InProgress but neither phone rings.

My best guess is that my sandbox has a US number. If this is the problem how do I create a sandbox with a UK number?

If not, any idea what the problem might be. In the api ref, I populated only the two and from numbers (have tried formatted like +44XXXXXXXXXX, with and without +, with and without country code), and the country code (44, tried with and without +)

Thanks

ringout
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you do a quick test. Can you make manual calls between those numbers? Also, can you try the /ring-out call using the main company number * extension number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rachel Bolton avatar image Rachel Bolton Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The numbers can call each other. They're or personal mobiles. Our main company number isn't RingCentral, we have an Avaya Cloud Office account and access the dev portal via that, so we don't have a RingCentral number, with the exception of the sandbox number.

I did find the call logs in the sandbox admin section and the calls are listed as "not allowed", although I can't find any explanation as to why. My best guess remains that it is because the portal has a US number but our numbers are UK, but I don't know how to resolve this and haven't heard back from support about it

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys