question

jon-payne10251 avatar image
jon-payne10251 asked Shields Industries Corp commented

How to identify a Ring Central caller

How can I identify a Ring Central caller? My calls are forwarded to my cell phone. How can I tell if a call is a forwarded RC call and not a direct call to my cell?

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Shields Industries Corp commented

You can add unique numbers before or after the incoming number to help you identify the call. For example;

22XXX XXX XXXX

XXX XXX XXXX22

Follow the instructions below,

Sign in to your RingCentral online account.

a. Admins: On the Quick Access page in the Admin Portal, navigate to Users > Manage Users, select the extension to configure, then click Call Handling.

b. Users: Navigate to Settings > Call Handling.

Go to Settings > click Edit under Incoming Call Information > enable Add Special Number > choose if you want to add a number to the end or beginning > enter the number > then choose Non-RingCentral phones only > save.

You may visit the KB article below for more information about Configuring your incoming call information settings.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4618.html

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jon-payne10251 avatar image jon-payne10251 commented ·

This did not work. I used "99" as my unique numbers. The result was ALL my calls were directly forwarded to voice mail. I had to undo the process to get my calls Back.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ jon-payne10251 commented ·

It should not affect the calls. I will check on your logs and see what happened.

0 Likes 0 ·
jon-payne10251 avatar image jon-payne10251 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I never received a response to this.

Your suggestion of adding unique numbers did not work and in fact changed to operation of my system so that all calls went to voice mail.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Shields Industries Corp avatar image Shields Industries Corp commented ·

Thank you for this. However, it would be super helpful if RC did a simple fix like what's shown in my attachment. Thank you!ringcentral-phone-caller-id-fix.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app