question

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image
hardik-joshi6230 asked Arshaq Meraj answered

How to know API call errors

Hi,

On developer portal, when i am looking into the Analytics - API Calls its showing me below graph. so my concern is how can i know what errors occurs so i can check it ?

rest apierrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered igor-bebin commented
Hi Hardik, 

Open the next 'End Points' tab to see details of API calls. 

Thanks,
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image hardik-joshi6230 commented ·
Hi Robin,

i have check in "End Point" tab and found that my errors are with 400 status code in oauth/token, i am still thinking why its giving 400 errors in login as doing same call for login every time. so how come it is possible to have error in login ?

it would be great if u can help me.

Thanks,
Hardik Joshi
0 Likes 0 ·
any updates on it ?
0 Likes 0 ·
igor-bebin avatar image igor-bebin commented ·
Hi Hardik,

Sorry for delay, I've searched for auth errors on your Sandbox account. All the http 400 errors are caused by { {OAU-213 Token not found}} reason, which indicates that refresh_token wasn't found on a Server. I'll check with Engineering Team whether it's a Client issue or some inconsistency on backend. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks Igor,

let me know once you check with your team.

Thanks,
Hardik Joshi
0 Likes 0 ·
igor-bebin avatar image igor-bebin commented ·
Hardik, it seems that your application creates oauth sessions too frequently. We have a limit for active sessions per app+User (for your app it's 5). Once a limit is exceeded the oldest session is removed as well as corresponding token. 

Could you please double-check the logic of your app is valid? 

Thanks,
Igor 
0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

If the oauth and API cross the given call limit and call the oauth too frequently, these kind of error happens.

The access token generated by oauth API has a validity of around 1 hour. Do there is not need to call oauth too frequently to generate the token

1 |3000

Arshaq Meraj avatar image
Arshaq Meraj answered

Hi, I am facing similar issue when i make API call to timeline EndPoint using this

resp = platform.post('/analytics/calls/v1/accounts/~/timeline/fetch', options)

I received HTTP 400 error. I am using correct credentials for production env. Please check screenshots of API calls with errors

Screenshot (118).pngScreenshot (119).png

I was looking for solution in this thread. I couldnt get following points

what is call to oauth ?

How do i know if my app is making oauth calls to frequently?

How to we regenerate token ?

@igor-bebin , @Anirban Can you please check,if there is some issue at the backend of our app?

screenshot-118.png (28.4 KiB)
screenshot-119.png (126.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys