question

Tim Sandor avatar image
Tim Sandor asked mary-community-moderator commented

Calls ring less than 1 ring, then hang up

I have at least 3 users now, for whom calls ring their iPhone very briefly, then immediately disconnect. Both queue calls and direct calls to their extension behave the same way. This is very frustrating.

call handlingcall queues
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Have you checked the number of rings under the Call Forwarding Settings? Check the KB article below for instructions.

https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/phone/call-handling-forwarding/rearranging-ring-order-of-numbers-devices.html#admin-portal

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim Sandor avatar image Tim Sandor mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have checked the number of rings. I have changed that setting, along with the "ring all at once" / "ring in order" setting under Call Handling. None of those seem to make any difference.

However, I should point out that the issue is intermittent. I have seen this user's phone drop several calls (from both call queues of which she is a member, and direct calls to her extension) in a row, then suddenly accept a call "properly", all without anyone making any changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Tim Sandor commented ·

Thanks for clarifying this. Since it is an intermittent behavior, please submit a ticket with Tech Support so they can check on it.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app