Solved

Is There a URI Scheme to go to SMS conversation in RCApp ?

• 21 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I see lots of other schemes for various functions in RCApp, but not to get to SMS?

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/basics/uri-schemes

If there isn't one yet, I really think it would be nice to add something similar to this:

rcapp://sms?number=<phone number>

that would bring the RC app up to the conversation with the phone number, or if one doesn't exist start one.

icon

Best answer by Phong1426275020 21 July 2022, 16:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

As far as I know, there is no URI scheme to open SMS conversation in the RC app.

Thank you Phong!

First, I want to thank you for how attentive you are to all things RC developer, and how quickly you respond. You really do a great job for the RC community, and I don't think you are thanked enough, so Thank you again.

Second, do you suppose that it was just an oversight not to have that functionality, or intentional? I think the functionality that currently exists with the various URI Schemes is very useful, but it needs to be complete for all the functions in the app. I find it interesting that the decision was made that it needed to have "rcapp://chat/r?groupid=<chat id> -> Open RingCentral App to a specific chat, e.g. team, group chat or private chat. ", but not to a text conversation?

These sorts of URIs are great for when custom HTML reports are being generated, and being able to add quick links to functionality.

What is the best way of going about getting it added? Feature request Post? That route seems like it takes forever to get done. I believe any of us could add the functionality to the codebase in less than 20 minutes!

I just discovered a URI existed for everything except SMS! I'd love to link right to a conversation with a contact.

PLease for the love of god lmk when I can use url Scheme to open an existing message