question

Dung Tran avatar image
Dung Tran asked Phong Vu commented

I can't figure out how to request a token for rest API

Hi there, I am quite new to web development. I'm learning how to get a token to talk to REST API but I can't figure out how. I read to the step that said: "

To obtain a token, follow these steps:

1. Login to your Engage portal and click on the "Admin" menu located in the top, horizontal menu." - Now when I log in https://engage.ringcentral.com/ I get an error "

HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request"

2. I used the same login credential as the one I usually login with ring central.

Please advise. Thank you.

get token
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

You have to login RingCentral platform to get access token. But I am not sure what do you want to achieve here and if you already setup your app with the app client id and app client secret.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dung Tran avatar image Dung Tran commented ·

Thanks for responding. My end goal is to be able to update user details info on Ring Central from AD through powershell. I'm very new to API calls and such. I've been doing research but stuck at not know how to request a token. I just want to talk to API. I hope you can assist me. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Dung Tran commented ·

Is that RingCentral MVP account or Engage Voice? I don't have sample code in PowerShell script but can get some help by searching for PowerShell in this community to get some idea how to implement authentication and get the access token. Here is one

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/10222/powershell-invoke-restmethod-for-authentication.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys