question

Loreal Mendoza avatar image
Loreal Mendoza asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

SMS option not showing up on desktop and phone app, recipients are also not receiving my texts

My team and I cannot send texts to clients. There is no option for that on the dekstop app. Also, we cannot see text history of texts sent from the mobile app.

1659380879406.png

Clients also reported to us that they are not receving texts from us even though we have sent them numerous times.

We have a dedicated phone number for each team member as well as extensions. Roles have been updated to Super Admin so everyone can send SMS. We have tried uninstalling and them installing but still nothing!

This has been happening since we moved to RingCentral last week. This is giving us a headache since we use texts heavily to contact clients. We are losing business over this.

sms and text messagingsending smstext
1659380879406.png (27.9 KiB)
11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jack-magee avatar image jack-magee commented ·

Hello Becky, You are correct the first one was rejected and I did resubmit a second and was told if their are any issues w/ the second, I would be contacted. I will for sure be contacting you at the email supplied as we are still having issues

Thank You for all of your efforts on our behalf!!!

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ jack-magee commented ·

Thanks, @jack-magee
We're doing our best over here in Community!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Loreal Mendoza, I've responded to your email.

0 Likes 0 ·
goodcomputerguy avatar image goodcomputerguy commented ·

This happened to me last week with a new account. You have to open a support request and ask to have SMS turned on. It took a day or two.

0 Likes 0 ·
Loreal Mendoza avatar image Loreal Mendoza goodcomputerguy commented ·

Already did. This was resolved two days ago.

1 Like 1 ·
Albert Davis avatar image Albert Davis commented ·

Same thing happened to me my account is old. At first it was showing me SMS option but not showing now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Loreal Mendoza avatar image Loreal Mendoza Albert Davis commented ·

Hope you contacted support. They were able to resolve it. We still get issues with texts not sending but when given time, it just fixes itself.

0 Likes 0 ·
jack-magee avatar image jack-magee commented ·

Having same issues...trying to get support to reply back has been an issue as well. Did anyone provide a root cause why it works one day then not ...

Thank You in advance!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ jack-magee commented ·

@jack-magee Have you submitted your TCR registration for SMS?
I would recommend visiting the Admin Portal and submitting your registration so we can process the request and enable SMS.

You can learn more here:
https://support.ringcentral.com/sms-registration.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app