Question

Logging into sandbox with softphone

• 3 August 2022
  • 4 replies

In the old version of ring central you used to be able to download the app and press Ctrl+F2 to log into the sandbox to test making calls with an online device. How do I accomplish that now with the new version of the app?

I am trying to use the

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/call-out

endpoint, and it is telling me I am not providing a valid deviceId.

I am using

/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension/extensionId/device

to get the device Id, but the device is showing offline because I cannot log into the softphone in the samebox environment.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

You can now use the Web app to use with your sandbox account at https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com

Or you still can use the RingCentral soft phone app as before. Look on the right pane of this page, it's available for download under the "DEVELOPER SANDBOX TOOLS" section.

As I mentioned in my question, ctrl+F2 no longer works with the main app, so the information on the right page of the page is not helpful.

The web app did get me in, but the device is still not registering as online. And it will not allow me to save an emergency address, and the Company settings return a 404. How do I get it to show the device as online?

Is there a place where I can subscribe to know when the Ring Central development group has solved the issue of sandbox phones not being able to make test calls?

I would like to wire up automated testing for my integration with the call-out api, but cannot do that until this issue has been fixed.

Hi RingCentral, I appreciate the prior help by Phong Vu, in the end it did not end up solving my issue because I just kept running into more and more problems with the ring central system.

At this point, the best option seems to be to just wait for you to fix the issue where sandbox phones are not able to make test calls. Since I have not heard from anyone on a timeframe for this, is there some other place I can reach out to find out what is going on?