question

TFOMIA RCDevUser avatar image
TFOMIA RCDevUser asked Phong Vu answered

Getting "Can't reach device id specified in the request" error while trying to supervise the call using Existing SIP Phone

We have registered out Existing Phone (SIP Phone) in service.devtest.ringcentral.com portal. After registration we got the device id that we are trying to use to supervise the call using that SIP Phone. But whenever we hit the https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/telephony/sessions/telephonySessionId/supervise api we are getting the error "Can't reach deviceId specified in request". Also, after registration we have checked the status of Existing Phone and it is showing as Online. Please refer the screenshot below:
1660921411950.png

Kindly review the above details and let us know if we are missing any step

Sample Code:

1660921570241.png

sip
1660921411950.png (28.6 KiB)
1660921570241.png (92.2 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered TFOMIA RCDevUser commented

Is your "Existing SIP Phone" assigned to a user extension, who is a supervisor in the call monitor group?

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

TFOMIA RCDevUser avatar image TFOMIA RCDevUser commented ·

Yes ...We have assigned the existing phone to the supervisor to monitor the call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ TFOMIA RCDevUser commented ·

Can you make a voice call to the supervised extension (either to its direct number or via main company number * extension number) to see if your "existing SIP Phone" receive the incoming call and be able to connect to that call?

Or can you use the device id to make a call-out call programmatically?

Note: To avoid mistake, you don't need to specify the accountId when calling an API using the .Net SDK. The SDK uses the '~' tilde and the server recognize the account from the access token of the authenticated user.

0 Likes 0 ·
TFOMIA RCDevUser avatar image TFOMIA RCDevUser Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yes ..I am able to receive the calls on my Existing Phone number. As suggested, I also removed the account id from the api call but still getting the same exception. Also, I noticed that when we call the call supervision api using the Existing Phone Device Id, we get the missed call notification in the call logs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

@Shankar Jha I see you posted a comment and the system blocked it. This is due to the code in your post. Clean it up to make it readable (not that all in new lines) and post it again to pass the system content checking.

Not like this

screen-shot-2023-01-23-at-92846-am.png

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys