question

Ben Rollman avatar image
Ben Rollman asked Bradley Melchiors edited

Call Queue Members Unavailable and Calls Not Immediately Going to Voicemail

We have a call queue for our main knowledge center. The call queue manager reported an issue wherein all callers are unavailable during business hours and a call will not automatically go to voicemail. The queue is set up to wait for a given time before going to voicemail. There is no option for a caller to be sent right to voicemail with a different message (all agents are busy, if you'd like to leave a voicemail press 1). But we have a recording of this message that we've put into the call queue previously that say this, but not the option is no longer there.

The call queue manager has said something has changed in the past few weeks. I have a ticket open with RC and they say that's never been an option. I'm trying not to pass judgement on either side, but I know this person and they are kind of a stickler for how their call center runs. Is it possible there WAS a change and the RC tech doesn't know that? Is there a setting we're missing?

call queuesvoicemailsettings
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chris Morgan avatar image Chris Morgan commented ·

I would also like to know the answer to this. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get calls to NOT ring when all members are busy/away.

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome Chris Morgan commented ·

Hi Chris,
you are describing a different issue from Ben. Here is the distinction and below is the answer.

DISTINCTION:
Ben is saying that queue members are busy/away but the caller does not get sent to voicemail immediately. Instead the caller waits for a certain time. (this is normal behavior)
You, Chris are saying that queue members are busy/away, but callers ring to the queue members anyway.

ANSWER:
The call queues check if members are busy or not available and will not offer calls to such members. This means 1 of 2 things.
1- a bug
2- you are not using call queues. Instead you might have created a ring group. Ring groups do not check the status of ring group members and will offer a call to a member, even if they are busy/do not disturb.

For you to start checking this, you can look at
Phone System > Groups > Call queues
and
Users > click on a user > Call handling. if you have 2 or more than 2 sliders in here ... you are using a ring group. Or at least "ring group" is the description I use for this function.

The solution for you would be to create a call queue and adjust the call routing. It's hard for me to give you more precise pointers without seeing the admin portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bradley Melchiors avatar image Bradley Melchiors commented ·

I think I figured this out. Inside the RC Admin menu when you check the call queue settings for Call Handling & Members > Wait settings > When members are available, but no members answer or all members are busy or unavailable. It gives a drop down menu like there would be more than one option but there is only the option for callers to wait. I'm assuming at one point there was an option to play a message or to send to voicemail but it is no longer there. It doesn't look like there is anything we can do about this.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app