question

Jeff Strickland avatar image
Jeff Strickland asked mary-community-moderator commented

Answering Calls That Are Ringing Other Office Numbers

How do I set up the ability to answer incoming phone calls that are ringing at other office numbers? Example: how can I answer the conference room phone ringing from my desk when I hear it ringing next door? I don't want my phone to ring when any office number is ringing or be a forwarding number from other extension. Thanks.

softphoneringing
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jeff Strickland avatar image Jeff Strickland Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I guess I should have been more clear. I am using a PolyComm phone at my desk to pick up. I did have a Group set up to pick up the calls but that immediately disconnected my own number when I picked up a call. I removed the Group setting so I would be able to answer my own phone without a hangup. I am trying to pick up another extension outside of the RingCentral application.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Strickland avatar image Jeff Strickland commented ·

Is there any other input from RingCentral on this? Any ideas besides Group Call Pickup? Not really a lot of help.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jeff Strickland commented ·

Hi @Jeff Strickland, we'll check for more regarding this.

0 Likes 0 ·
lupita-adams avatar image lupita-adams commented ·

I really need this same answer! Please. Thank you!!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ lupita-adams commented ·

Hi @lupita-adams, this feature is currently unavailable, but a similar feature request is up for you to vote at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-173. If you feel it isn't the exact feature you want, you may create a new one and post it here. Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app