question

Sam Brookshire avatar image
Sam Brookshire asked mary-community-moderator commented

Prevent RC Mobile App from Setting Status to Offline

A few members of our team wanted to use the Ring Central mobile app for answering calls. The issue that this creates is in the status indicator on both the mobile and desktop app. When someone locks their phone or closes the app, RingCentral automatically sets that user to offline, even if they are online on their desktop. Is there a way to turn off this automatic status handling?

mobile
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi @Sam Brookshire, you may add a vote to this feature at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-5062.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sam Brookshire avatar image Sam Brookshire commented ·

Thank you for the response, however this feature is not really what I am looking for. I just do not want the mobile app status indicator to override the desktop app. So if I am marked as Online on my desktop, and my mobile app is closed, I should remain Online, but I am being set to Offline currently.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Sam Brookshire commented ·

I see. If that's the case, you may submit a new feature request. Please post the link here so others can also check and vote for it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app