question

Cory Sytsma avatar image
Cory Sytsma asked Phong Vu commented

How do I get Glip permissions added to my app?

I can't find a way to add Glip scope permissions, as well as TeamRecording, but getting 401 error messages via API that I don't have permissions.

Can someone add them to my Dev & Production app please?

rest apipermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The Glip permission is replaced by the TeamMessaging permission. And you cannot change the permission of your app in production. You need to clone the app and change the app settings including the permission, then test and graduate the new app.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cory Sytsma avatar image
Cory Sytsma answered Phong Vu commented

I have TeamMessaging permission.

1664829369174.png

When calling:

https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/glip/data-export'

I received a 403 Forbidden error:

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorCode": "GIC-012",
            "message": "The requester must have permission to data export."
        }
    ]
}

1664829369174.png (17.9 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This is not an app permission issue. It is a user permission issue. You need to authenticate the app with a super admin user.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cory Sytsma avatar image
Cory Sytsma answered Phong Vu commented

As far as I know, the account is SuperAdmin, I can do everything else. How would I check the permissions?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Are you on sandbox? If you are, there is a current issue to set the permission to a super admin. But, I think the main super admin (normally in sandbox is the 101 if you have not changed the extension number) will have the permission by default.

If you are in the production, check this from the RC app.

screen-shot-2022-10-04-at-30533-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys