question

thuy-nguyen10182 avatar image
thuy-nguyen10182 asked Patrick Boston answered

Incorrect account information when resetting password for Production app

Finally, I was able to publish my app to Production. However how many times I tried, I got the same error "Incorrect account information." when Resetting Password.

My sandbox app is working as expected. I also tried using current RingCentral password of production account which I always used to sign into https://service.ringcentral.com but then got an error when requesting a token

{

"error" : "invalid_grant",

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ]

}

developer sandboxlog in
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Hi Thuy,

Please note that you can not use sandbox account for production or vice versa.  It seems that you are aware of this.

"Invalid resource owner credentials" means username or password is wrong.  In theory, as long as you can login  https://service.ringcentral.com , you should also be able to get a token.

Could you please show me how did you try to request a token? Show me some sample code (do NOT post your password here).

Tyler
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

thuy-nguyen10182 avatar image
thuy-nguyen10182 answered Tyler Liu commented
Hi Long,

Yes, sandbox account and production account are different. I clicked on Reset Password of the Production one and I was not able to reset password with error  "Incorrect account information."

I used password flow to get a toke and was able to request a token using sandbox account. Following is the code to request a token (I used RestSharp)

var client = new RestClient(" https://platform.ringcentral.com");
            client.Authenticator = new HttpBasicAuthenticator("production-app-id", "production-app-secret");
            var request = new RestRequest("/restapi/oauth/token", Method.POST);
            request.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
            request.AddParameter("grant_type", "password");
            request.AddParameter("username", "+16xxxxxxx01");
            request.AddParameter("extension", "101");
            request.AddParameter("password", "production-password");
            var response = client.Post(request);

10 comments
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
For "Invalid resource owner credentials" issue, as far as I can tell. it is caused by invalid username or password.

If you specify a direct number as username, please specify an empty extension number:  request.AddParameter("extension", ""). So could you please have a try?
1 Like 1 ·
thuy-nguyen10182 avatar image thuy-nguyen10182 commented ·
Hi Tyler,

Your suggestion worked like a charm :). Thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
Since you are able to get the token with sandbox credentials, there should be no problem with your code.

So the root cause is wrong production password.  And where you are stuck is you cannot reset your production password. Am I right?

I have escalate this issue, they will investigate why you are unable to reset your password. 

Please stay tuned and I will get back to you. :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
I reproduced the issue. I cannot reset password either. The error message is the same as yours: "Incorrect account information."
0 Likes 0 ·
There is a workaround though: specify the direct number and leave the extension field empty.  I tried and it worked for me.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Patrick Boston avatar image
Patrick Boston answered

Hello,

I am running in to the same issue when trying to move from our Sandbox to Production. I have tried the workarounds above. When I try to just enter the account number without the extension, I receive a warning that our account has SSO enabled. I then log in via SSO and am just brought to the home page of RC.

Our application is using the password flow, so we need to be able to reset the password for our account so we can get our access and refresh tokens for the Production environment. We have a ticket open with support and have gotten no where.

How can we reset the extension 101 account's password? Is there another workaround?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys