question

Conference San Antonio avatar image
Conference San Antonio asked Conference San Antonio edited

message store export limits?

I am a consultant and I am helping a RingCentral customer do a bulk export of all their SMS messages back to March 2016 using the message store export API. I am seeing that if I do 3 or 4 weeks at a time it works, but if I try to do all of it back to 2016, or even just 1 year at a time, I get an immediate "Failed" status back from Get Message Store Report Task.

What is the limit for how much I can pull at once? Is there a better way to export and preserve all their SMS messages? They are moving away from RingCentral but need to preserve everything.

Also, it seems to time out or cut off transfers whenever the message store zip is larger than about 30mb. Why is that? Is there any way around it? I have tried both with PostMan and Curl and message store export zip downloads stop around 30mb creating an incomplete and corrupt zip file that can't be opened. Exports smaller than 30mb work fine.

More info, I believe I am having the same issue as that which is described here: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/90853/timeout-too-short-when-pulling-sms-data.html

If the transfer takes more than 90 seconds, RingCentral closes the connection. Is this intended/by design behavior on RingCentral's part? Can it be changed?

I've discovered I can download larger chunks using the Python SDK for RingCentral instead of PostMan and Curl. There is sample code at https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/message-store/message-exports-report#python

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys