question

Elaina Cluckey avatar image
Elaina Cluckey asked Phong Vu answered

Shared Extension

We have a phone number that I need several users to have access to in order to send text messages from that number. However, if someone were to call that number - it needs to go to a different set of people. I guess I can handle the second part with call handling settings. How do I achieve the first part?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You implement your own app to share sending text messages, right? In your use case, the best solution might be create a call queue (in old way - see the screenshot) with manger username and password. Assign that shared number to the call queue's direct number.

Then authenticate your app that shares the number with other users to send/receive SMS by the call queue username/password.

Then set your call queue's call handling members as normal.

screen-shot-2022-10-24-at-35806-pm.png

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys