question

Paul King avatar image
Paul King asked Phong Vu commented

MP3 Meta data - Length

All call recordings are in MP3 format when downloaded which we do each day automatically.

Each MP3 file has embedded metadata of which the call duration is embedded as "Length".

For those of us who bill based on in or outbound call durations is there a way to extract the cumulative time ( Length ) per phone number?

Example is if I have ten calls to and from a number I can then add up the cumulative time ( Length ) for that number in a spreadsheet and then calculate the total hours.

thank you

Paul

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Your question is so confusing. You talked about call recording length and explained your billing based on call durations then ended up with cumulative time.

There is no single endpoint to get cumulative call durations per phone number. However, you can call the user call log API with a period of time and check the call duration of each "Connected" call to calculate the total call duration of that user. If you want to calculate per phone number, then group the result based on the from/to number of those outbound/inbound calls.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Paul King avatar image
Paul King answered Phong Vu commented

I have edited the original question as I believe there would be benefits in having a tool that could extract call "Length" from the metadata. Thank you.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

So you bill your customers based on call recording length or based on call duration? Again, you started explaining call recording length and ended up expecting " in or outbound call durations". Do you expect all the calls must be recorded?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys