question

William Morales avatar image
William Morales asked Tyler Liu commented

Multiple sessions with ringcentral-call-js SDK

Hi,

I want to be able to log in to two different accounts (not extensions) with the RingCentral-call-js in order to receive inbound calls from any of the accounts at the same time and in the same browser tab. Is it possible or perhaps do you know of a different way to solve this problem?

integrationssdkdeveloper sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu commented

I believe it will just work as long as you create two separate RingCentralCall objects.

Make everything double: two SDK objects, two webPhone objects, two rcCall objects. And in theory they will be completely separate and will not affect each other. And still they are running in the same process.

And you can also run two processed to handle two accounts.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

William Morales avatar image William Morales commented ·

Hi, thank you for your answer

Another related question, what about the websocket, the SDK will connect a websocket for each active RingCentralCall object?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ William Morales commented ·

I believe it is handled by the webPhone SDK. As the end user you don't need to worry about its implementation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys