question

Sam Walker avatar image
Sam Walker asked Al Wendt commented

SMS in devtest

I am trying to build an app, and I've created a sandbox login. I'm trying to test sending an SMS, but I can't figure out how to set up a phone number for SMS in `devtest`.

When I get the features of the phone numbers on my account, the only value I get is `CallerId`

sending sms
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is the sandbox main company number?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Al Wendt avatar image
Al Wendt answered Al Wendt commented

I had the same exact problem. Can someone over at Ring Central get on this. My company is a customer ... it's just like over there, nobody is accountable for the Client ID and Secret. My five minute quick start is now Day-2!

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Pay attention to the headline here. You can submit a support ticket directly here.

screen-shot-2023-01-23-at-81033-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi AI Wendt,

Your sandbox number might be still not provisioned. It takes longer time now because the team is getting to the bottom of the issue and solve it once for any new sandbox phone number.

Your patience is much appreciated!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The team just notified my that the number is provisioned. Can you run a test and let me know if it works or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
Al Wendt avatar image Al Wendt Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong. They had to give SMS Message permission to the number I was using through the sandbox account. Sending text messages through the Sandbox account, after it has be manually set for SMS message permissions through support, finally works. Thanks for the help. I now have to figure out how to send messages not with the sandbox account but with our production service, but that it a topic for another thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys