question

Amol Khedkar avatar image
Amol Khedkar asked Amol Khedkar commented

Not able to send/receive text sms

Hello,

Happy New Year!

I am trying to send text sms from the desktop app and from mobile device but not able to send text sms and not receiving them as well. The + option for new texts is not visible on the desktop app, neither is the option to send a new text available in the drop-down options menu on the top-right.

I recently signed up with RingCentral on MVP plan.

Kindly advise. Two image files added for your kind reference.

Thank you

no new text button.jpgno new text option.jpg

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Amol Khedkar commented

Please create a support ticket and someone will help you to register for TCR and enable SMS feature for your phone numbers. It is a new mobile carriers' requirement.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Amol Khedkar avatar image Amol Khedkar commented ·

Thank you very much for your guidance and support!

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Amol Khedkar avatar image
Amol Khedkar answered Amol Khedkar commented

Hello Phong,

Hope you are doing well. It has been more than 10 days after submitting the TCR form, still have not received the access to text message feature. Kindly advise!

9 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Did you receive any email from RingCentral after submitting the form?

0 Likes 0 ·
Amol Khedkar avatar image Amol Khedkar Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

A Case 17136023 was created and the technical team guided us to fill the TCR form. Form was completed and submitted on 4th Jan 2023. Another case 17176793 was created but no communication after that. I did send an email to Tech Support (techsupport@ringcentral.com) with the attached completed TCR registration form and requesting any updates. At present, awaiting response.

Kindly advise.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Amol Khedkar commented ·

I talked to the support team and they just sent you an update about the case.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys