question

Manager Desk avatar image
Manager Desk asked Phong Vu commented

Adding app credentials in production isn't working

I've added additional credentials to an active app, but still hitting an error that I don't have the credentials. Is there anything I need to do?

If this needs to be tested in sandbox first, my sandbox credentials in the portal are all set to N/A - if this is the case, what are the next steps to do to fix this?

credentials
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Please clarify what do you mean "add additional credentials to an active app"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Manager Desk avatar image Manager Desk Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I mean I have an app that is in production. I need to add additional permissions on the app, for example, accessing call recordings, reading, messages etc.permissions on the app, for example, accessing call recordings, reading, messages etc. I've added them in the app settings where you set the app permissions, but it doesn’t seem to work.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

So app permissions are not app credentials!

Your app must be a private app and that is why you can add/remove app permissions to the app even after the app is graduated to the production. This is a new feature and I think it should work.

How long time did you call new APIs from your app after the app was updated with new permission?

What is the auth mode of your app? JWT or password flow or code flow? In any auth mode, you need to get a new access token that would work with new app permissions.

15 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Manager Desk avatar image Manager Desk commented ·

Using code flow. I've added them about 3 hours ago. It's not working.

I'm no getting the message property in the records object that is returned from the /call-log endpoint as described here:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/readUserCallLog

I'm assuming it's because the permissions aren't updated?

0 Likes 0 ·
Manager Desk avatar image Manager Desk commented ·

Added the read messages and read call recordings as shown here:

screen-shot-2023-01-06-at-10606-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Manager Desk commented ·

What is the app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Manager Desk avatar image Manager Desk Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

60PkEonZSPm9PKvnCGQIOQ

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys