question

Ring Central User avatar image
Ring Central User asked Phong Vu answered

Need Development Support

Hi Team I have Integrated Ring Central App with my Salesforce Org to make calls to contact to schedule meetings, events, send them reminders etc. But I want to restrict user so that they can't call Contacts unlimited time. Ex- Contact 1, Contact 2 So I want to track no. of counts somebody calls Contact 1 or 2 Suppose user 1 call to Contact 1 1st time and User 2 or User 1 call to Contact 1 2nd time so total count is 2 when somebody try to call 3rd time in a week to Contact 1 then Ring Central App would pop up an error that "you can call to Contact 1 only 2 times a week or 2 times a month" according to scenario. Please help me to implement this Feature as soon as possible

ringcentral appphonedeveloper sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I would say that this is a very odd use case and none of the apps support such a feature.

You can try to implement your own logic to prevent calls based on your own conditions. But it would be complicated and don't expect such a feature that "pop up an error" from a RingCentral app (because it is not an error in in that case).

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys