question

Tammie McDaniel avatar image
Tammie McDaniel asked mary-community-moderator commented

Texting Approval Process

Hello - I paid in full and signed up with Ring Central on 12 - 24 - 22, this would be our 4th or 5th round in trying to migrate to RingCentral!

While I had high hopes since we had an onboarding call the 12 - 26 - 22 to learn we could text message, we have filled out the form for Cloud Talk, RedOxygen and Open phonen all approved in minutes.

We were told the form would be approved in 24 - 72 hours, were now 1 1/2 waiting for texting - we can not use the platform otherwise.

Who has actually been approve??

sms and text messagingtext
23 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tammie McDaniel avatar image Tammie McDaniel commented ·

I emailed the RingCentral Executive team and got a response from a SVP of sales on the issue - RingCental at this point today can Not Sign up a New Customer and enable Texting in a timely Manner!

• We signed up paid in full on 12.24.22
  • Filled out initial form 12.27
  • Submitted form 4 more times - was acknowledged received on 1.6.23
  • Was advise it takes 24-72 hours to process
  • Has NOT processed as of 1.18.23
  • Now Advised once it actually processed received - it will take another 10-15 Days
  • ALL NEW CUSTOMERS should anticipate it taking at least 2 months to get Texting Enabled!
  • We Can Not use the account, having to get weekly credits!
0 Likes 0 ·
Jack Hainline avatar image Jack Hainline commented ·

same problem tammie. i signed up December 8th. account executive left and nobody bothered telling me. requested text messaging on day 1. finally in early January i reached out to see what the hold up was and they assigned me a new account exec who told me to fill out the TCR form. sent in my TCR form on January 9th. was told 10-14 business days. on business day 21 now from the form and almost 2 months after signing up with Ring Central and still no text messaging. sure am getting charged by the company each month though!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jack Hainline commented ·

@Jack Hainline Your TCR is also preapproved, but not yet competed.
We know this is challenging and we're doing our best to make sure the process is moving in the right direction.
Please feel free to reach out to the Community team if we can support you further.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Jack Hainline avatar image Jack Hainline Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Brandon Ramirez from TCR (the third party you are implying is responsible)-

"This is an issue on the RingCentral side, and you do need to speak to them about it as they are the ones managing your registration. They are aware that they need to assist."

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tammie McDaniel avatar image Tammie McDaniel Jack Hainline commented ·

I am a headhunter and have access to companies' org charts and emails - direct line so it took it to the executive level and got my account enabled.

Was advised they just learned of the requirement - total BS as I filled out the SAME forms for Red Oxygen on December 19th - was approved by the sales rep in minutes, I tried a few platforms and all required the form in Nov - Dec so Ring dropped the ball.

You should know - I tried onboarding moving to Ring 4 times in 3 years and finally accomplished so by pure psycho determination 100% only way. They use to have no onboarding - then a pure hot mess to cancel an account wanting to say it takes 2 months.

Now I am setup we will see - feel like they owe me $5k for my time invested - lol

0 Likes 0 ·
Jill Dunkel avatar image Jill Dunkel Tammie McDaniel commented ·

Any help to get my case to the next level would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at shtx@stockhorsetexas.org

0 Likes 0 ·
Jill Dunkel avatar image Jill Dunkel commented ·

Form filled out on 1/5. It's now been 31 days. THIS IS CRITICAL to my business. The account manager never mentioned that I might be without this service for months! If it wasn't such a pain to port my number back to my old service, I would!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jill Dunkel commented ·

@Jill Dunkel From what I can see, your TCR has been preapproved, but not completed. This process is managed by a third party so we're at their whim, but someone will be in touch when the process is completed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jack Hainline avatar image Jack Hainline Jill Dunkel commented ·

Jill,

Do you have texting yet? I still do not :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Jill Dunkel avatar image Jill Dunkel Jack Hainline commented ·

Nope... calling again today.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Scarlet Investments avatar image Scarlet Investments commented ·

Similar issue…this is a real problem.

I doubt this was a surprise roll out by all the major cell carriers…just seems like a little planning could have prevented all this.

TCR form submitted on Jan 7th. We are a property management company that can’t reply to any texts; I get that it’s out of RingCental’s control but I feel like someone should have seen this coming.

1 month today and still no resolution, prepare for longer than 10-14 days.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simone Holyoak avatar image Simone Holyoak commented ·

Came here to say the same, and profoundly frustrated. Did onboarding call WEEKS prior to business launch to avoid this kind of hold up, and nothing was mentioned about this process at all during the onboarding, or when text services were purchased as a part of the package. Have had to pay multiple times now to apply for a campaign with no clear instructions on how to get it approved... only to have them rejected with simply a message stating that it was not sufficient. When trying to figure it out with the helpful "chat" agents, I learned that they were going from my webpage via link to my scheduling software's page and wanting me to change the scheduling software's privacy policy to include language about texting! This is the most unprofessional and poorly crafted policy I have seen in decades. Unfortunately, so much is set up with that phone number it will be a big hit fiscally to switch, but I am about ready to... as well as going to loudly share my experience with every other therapist I can for the rest of my career. Ringcentral and everyone employed by same should be ashamed.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Simone Holyoak commented ·

@Simone Holyoak I understand how frustrating this can be, and I'm here to help in any way that I can. Please know that I have already taken steps to escalate your case and that someone will be reaching out to you shortly to provide assistance with resubmitting your campaign. If there is anything else that I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Jack Hainline commented

@Tammie McDaniel I can't speak for those other platforms - they may be simply approving your ability to text, but not pushing through compliance via TCR.
My team is happy to look into your request and see where it stands, but typically it takes 7-10 business days for the request to be processed through the TCR.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app