Question

RingOut calls do not go to RingCentral App.

• 29 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm a dev trying to connect our company's RingCentral API to our CRM app. As a stopgap, agents use both our CRM app and the RingCentral App on two tabs. Every agent has their own extension on our RC account.

Right now, when agents click on a customer's phone number on the CRM app, we run a RingOut API POST request using the phone's extension and client #. In C#, it looks like this.

var parameters = new MakeRingOutRequest() {
  to = new MakeRingOutCallerInfoRequestTo() { phoneNumber = toPhone },
  from = new MakeRingOutCallerInfoRequestFrom() { phoneNumber = CompanyPhone + "*" + extension},
  callerId = new MakeRingOutCallerIdInfo() { phoneNumber = CompanyPhone },
  playPrompt = false
};

return await RestClient.Restapi().Account().Extension().RingOut().Post(parameters);

While the RingOut request transmits to landlines, it does not show up in the RingCentral web app. Instead, my agents see a missed call to the client about a minute later.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Can you make a ring-out call directly from the RC app? Can you try with the user's direct number instead of "mainCompanyNumber" + "ExtensionNumber"?

I have a similar issue but using the extensions direct number like you advise.

Userlevel 1

Did you check the RingOut setting from the RC app settings?

screen-shot-2024-02-20-at-82259-am.png

It turns out that the DID number for the extension did not work but the main number followed by an * and the extension does work. Weird. Not sure why that would be but it is not documented that it works that way.