question

Bijay Lama avatar image
Bijay Lama asked Phong Vu commented

Issue while using ISync Token For Company CallLogs Sync

I am using company call logs sync api to get all the callLogs and storing them in a table. Sometimes I am getting exception because the table schema requires every session Id to be unique but callLog of same session Id is being retrieved occasionally. I am using latest Isync token for every api call.

call logsout of sync
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Session id is a unique id for each call record.

There are some scenario where a call record is updated several times and the sync is just updating the same record. You can just update the row if the session id is existing in the table.

If you suspect that the data is not an update data, please open a dev support ticket and provide the data so someone can investigate it.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bijay Lama avatar image Bijay Lama commented ·

@Phong Vu Can you please explain such scenario or provide any reference link about them so that I could test and verify my data before opening a dev support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Bijay Lama commented ·

That much I remember from the last time when I use the Sync API. Unfortunately, I don't really have time now to run the code to catch it. It was around calls with recording, call transfer etc.

Why don't you just add some extra code to your app which detect duplicate session id, and if there is a duplication, either write the duplicated record to a log file or create a new row with the sessionId-1, sessionId-2. Then have a closer look at the records or report that via a support case.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys