question

Jose Malaga avatar image
Jose Malaga asked Sean T commented

No phone number found with 'SmsSender' feature enabled.

Getting this message on my Sandbox.

"No phone number found with 'SmsSender' feature enabled."

@Phong Vu can you please help me enable it?

Sandbox number: 929.474.6659

Thank you in advance...

developer sandbox
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Request created. Pls stay tuned

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Jose Malaga commented

Your number is enabled. Pls test

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jose Malaga avatar image Jose Malaga commented ·

Works now! Thank you so much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Abubakar Soomro avatar image
Abubakar Soomro answered Phong Vu commented

getting same error, @Phong Vu can you also enable it for me
sand box = +15856234169

1 comment
1 |3000

The number is a main company number and it is SMS enabled. I don't now how you login and check the number and use it. It's however assigned to the main super admin user (ext 101) via the IVR.

Any way, I added a direct number xxx-0059 to the ext 101 and you can use that number instead. Login your sandbox service web to get the entire number and try both numbers again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Denefits LLC avatar image
Denefits LLC answered Phong Vu commented

hello ringcentral team can you please enable smsSender feature to our sandbox account as well. main phone number: +12055120243
sandbox client id: K8j5BB_aT9ynoYZ1-e5P3A
@Phong Vu

3 comments
1 |3000

All the phone numbers in your sandbox are SMS enabled. It's just the number you provided above is the main company phone number. Check the Auto-receptionist -> General Settings from your sandbox admin portal to see which extension is assigned to handle SMS/Fax.

0 Likes 0 ·
Denefits LLC avatar image Denefits LLC Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

ringcentral.pngHello @Phong Vu I cannot see any kind of settings related to SMS as you mentioned in you reply. For reference attaching SS

0 Likes 0 ·
ringcentral.png (64.3 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Denefits LLC commented ·

Please read my post here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean T avatar image
Sean T answered Sean T commented

Good afternoon Ring Central Team,

I would also like my phone number activated. I submitted a support ticket but still do not have access to SmsSender on my sandbox number:

+17322764454

4 comments
1 |3000

Unfortunately, the dev support channel is the only channel to handle this issue. They need to do lots of works to link the sandbox number with your production SMS TCR and campaign id and that would take time.

If this is critical for your app development, you can still call the /sms endpoint to send SMS, even it fails to send, your API calls will still count the API call as success and you can graduate your app to the production and you can use your production number to test.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean T avatar image Sean T Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Could I graduate the app and do some developer testing without creating a new campaign?
And I assume that I would need to make a new campaign when I have the my app fully implemented and sending automated messages is that correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Sean T commented ·

What campaign? Even if you want to send SMS messages using the RC app, your company would need to register for TCR and SMS campaign id and I believe that your company has done that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean T avatar image Sean T Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

So I tried calling the SMS endpoint and it doesn't seem to register as successful calls. It only says that the requested feature is not available and doesn't count as exercising the SMS app scope. I'll check back with the dev support channel, thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys