News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Automatic Call Recording Length
Tags: call recording, call queues
Feb 2, 2023 at 6:21am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Thomas Brackett

Hello. I have a question in regards to the way Ring Central records calls whether soft phone, app on PC and mobile app.

I was needing to listen to a call that was just over 18 minutes in length. It was an incoming call to an employee that is working remotely and using either the mobile app or the app on their computer. Not a soft phone. The nature of our work involves us having to do a conference call with 2 additional people (external). I was only able to listen to the first 2 minutes. Up until the point the employee switched lines to add an additional person to the call.

Is automatic call recording supposed to record the entire length of the call including any hold times, conferences, transfers etc?

1 Answer
answered on Feb 2, 2023 at 9:32am  

This really depends on how a conference call is made and transferred (warm or blind). Also you mentioned that "with 2 additional people (external)", I cannot fully understand the scenario.

I recommend you open a support ticket where you can give further details to get better answers.

on Feb 2, 2023 at 1:08pm   •  0 likes

Thank you for the response. I will try your suggestion: support ticket but will also try to clarify.

I had an employee take an inbound call from a client. They had a conversation for around 2 minutes before the employee conferenced in another number to continue the call. The total length of the call was just over 18 minutes. Ring central only recorded that first 2 minutes up until she conferenced in someone else. The remaining 16 minutes of the call was not recorded due to (I assume) the employee conferencing in someone else.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us