question

Jennifer Brown avatar image
Jennifer Brown asked Joe Sides answered

Do you still register for TCR in the admin portal if you submitted a SMS Registration?

I submitted the PDF version of the SMS Campaign Registration on February 17th because the admin portal did not have the TCR registration. Do I still submit a campaign registration via the admin portal?

sms and text messagingsending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gurpreet Singh avatar image
Gurpreet Singh answered

Hello Jennifer, if you submitted the PDF via our customer support team, then they will reach out to you on next steps. Most probably you would need to re-submit it via admin portal, as then it will flow through via a faster queue and you would be able to get your account/numbers enabled for SMS in a much quicker way.

But I would suggest to talk to customer support if you don't get an update from them this week.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, Platform Products

RingCentral Inc.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Sides avatar image
Joe Sides answered Gurpreet Singh commented

this makes no sense at all! I have registered via the PDF more than a month ago and I have been waiting to be approved. Are you saying now that we have to register using the online portal after this incredible waste of time for the PDF form submission? We use Inflow as our go between and they have said that we are in pre-approval. RingCentral has failed in this task with the TCR registration, total failure. To add insult to injury, I have added new people to our company and they can't text and a few people who were added months ago are having issues just with SMS texting. RingCentral is hosing this up and they need to fix this ASAP

1 comment
1 |3000

Gurpreet Singh avatar image Gurpreet Singh commented ·

Joe, my response was specific to a pdf submission on Feb 17th, 2023 as that was the day self registration was made available in admin portal. In your case, it most probably won't be required to re submit as it was done more that a month ago and will already be in flight. I would suggest you to reach out to customer support with your case for the next steps/update.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Sides avatar image
Joe Sides answered

Oh I have reached out to customer service thru our middle person, Inflow. I did do the registration using the online portal and it does now show registered but I don't know if I have to add a Campaign(why use this term?) or Numbers with Text Message?

We are a company registering and I was told I would only need to register for the company and that would cover everyone in our company.

Just very disillusioned with the way that RingCentral is approaching this and dealing with it. They misjudged the timing to get people/companies entered in a reliable and quick fashion.

Don't criminals have a right to a speedy trial? Don't customers have a right to a speedy and dependable process?

Thanks for responding

Joe

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys