Question

Shared Fax Line

• 28 February 2023
  • 3 replies

We have setup a dedicated HR Fax line to receive inbound faxes using its own number.

Is there a way that HR employees can send out faxes using the "HR Fax" line as the outbound number? We are trying to avoid confusion when sending outbound faxes, as they show up as the individual user's fax number at the moment.

Also, if the above is not possible, are there any other recommendations on how to accomplish something similar?

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi! If the HR Fax is a user extension, it is not allowed to make it an outbound number by other users. I can't think of any work-around to accomplish this, but we'll try to hear from other members.

You would park the number on the auto receptionist, make a custom rule under "general settings" that points to the shared fax seat.

After that, you can change the outbound # in the user profile for the faxes to the number you parked on the auto receptionist. Any number (with exceptions, I'll assume your setup is fairly straightforward) that is on the AR can be used for outgoing caller ID for the users.

I do this all the time for my clients. This allows them to show the fax number from their personal extension, and when a fax is sent inbound it will look to the rule and still send to the correct extension that should receive the faxes

Userlevel 2

Great suggestion @tak-it1. Thank you!