Question

TCR campaign declined

• 2 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Our campaign was just declined. The campaign registration is geared towards marketing SMS messages. We do not send any marketing SMS messages to our client. We ONLY text clients when they text us first. How are we supposed to get a campaign approved when it asks us for specific opt in wording that we send to clients? They opt in by texting us first and we therefore respond. That's it. I don't understand how this is supposed to work and it's completely ruining small business SMS.

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Tyler, I'll raise your concern and ask for recommendations on how to help you on this.

We are in the same place as Tyler R and look forward to an answer on this.

My apologies for the confusion here. TCR requires this information to be provided (particularly opt-in, out, and help keywords/ messages). In your case you have implied consent (see consent requirements here: https://api.ctia.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/190719-CTIA-Messaging-Principles-and-Best-Practices-FINAL.pdf?page=12

For your registration you will want to denote examples of how customers get your number to message you, and emphasize that you are only responding to their questions, not adding them to any messaging lists. Likewise, if unsure of what to use for opt-in/out/help language I would recommend utilizing the examples provided in the portal.

We will be discussing this more in-depth in our upcoming webinar, and I am also happy to provide examples of what TCR is looking for, if that would be helpful.

Webinar details here: https://go.ringcentral.com/overview-and-qa-for-tcr-registration-registration.html

Us as well. I even worked through it with support on the phone and the campaign was still declined. We are also a small business. This is soooooo frustrating.

I am getting the following error. Can someone please help me. I have changed this campaign 3 times and have been rejected everytime.

• Non-Profit Brand / Conversational Campaign

TCR requires strict adherence to carrier SMS policies, as well as detailed information on how you are using SMS, and how you are obtaining consent.