question

Tyler R. avatar image
Tyler R. asked mary-community-moderator commented

TCR campaign declined

Our campaign was just declined. The campaign registration is geared towards marketing SMS messages. We do not send any marketing SMS messages to our client. We ONLY text clients when they text us first. How are we supposed to get a campaign approved when it asks us for specific opt in wording that we send to clients? They opt in by texting us first and we therefore respond. That's it. I don't understand how this is supposed to work and it's completely ruining small business SMS.

sms and text messaging
15 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Accu Force avatar image Accu Force commented ·

We are in the same place as Tyler R and look forward to an answer on this.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Accu Force commented ·

Same for you, @Accu Force - Can you provide more details on how you submitted so I can dig a bit deeper?
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Accu Force avatar image Accu Force Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Becky - Thank you for the quick reply. I am just in the process of starting our registration so it was a general reply to the original statement about how they use texting. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Tyler, I'll raise your concern and ask for recommendations on how to help you on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Tyler R. Can you share more about how you submitted?
I want to help, but not seeing anything for your business on our tracking. Share here or shoot us an email with details and my team will dig a bit deeper.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

My apologies for the confusion here. TCR requires this information to be provided (particularly opt-in, out, and help keywords/ messages). In your case you have implied consent (see consent requirements here: https://api.ctia.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/190719-CTIA-Messaging-Principles-and-Best-Practices-FINAL.pdf?page=12

For your registration you will want to denote examples of how customers get your number to message you, and emphasize that you are only responding to their questions, not adding them to any messaging lists. Likewise, if unsure of what to use for opt-in/out/help language I would recommend utilizing the examples provided in the portal.

We will be discussing this more in-depth in our upcoming webinar, and I am also happy to provide examples of what TCR is looking for, if that would be helpful.

Webinar details here: https://go.ringcentral.com/overview-and-qa-for-tcr-registration-registration.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashley Caprara avatar image Ashley Caprara Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

@Mike Stowe I am in the same boat at @Tyler R. here and we do not send any marketing messages out, we ONLY provide a number on our website for an individual to utilize at their own will with questions about obtaining our legal services. We reply with information and do not reply unless texted first. Are you suggesting that we need to register by providing fake answers to TCR and say we use the language of opt-in, STOP, HELP etc - when we do not? How do we provide examples of what we do not employ?

2 Likes 2 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Ashley Caprara commented ·

Unfortunately, TCR requires certain information regardless of if it is a requirement for your use case as outlined by CTIA.

For example, opt-in keywords are only a requirement if you are collecting opt-ins via keywords. Likewise a response to "help" in a conversation will be very different than someone replying to an informational or clearly automated message with "HELP" or "INFO." However, this is also required information.

STOP or opt-out keywords must be honored regardless of how you are using SMS. In this case, the opt-out message should reflect the language you utilize when someone requests for you to stop messaging them.

I hope this helps clarify.

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments
jennifer-kammer avatar image jennifer-kammer commented ·

Us as well. I even worked through it with support on the phone and the campaign was still declined. We are also a small business. This is soooooo frustrating.

0 Likes 0 ·
scott-roesch avatar image scott-roesch commented ·

I am getting the following error. Can someone please help me. I have changed this campaign 3 times and have been rejected everytime.

• Non-Profit Brand / Conversational Campaign

TCR requires strict adherence to carrier SMS policies, as well as detailed information on how you are using SMS, and how you are obtaining consent.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ scott-roesch commented ·

Is your company a non-profit, @scott-roesch?

0 Likes 0 ·
kenadams4355 avatar image kenadams4355 scott-roesch commented ·

Same here. We are a non-profit org and was rejected 3 times. Ring Central support was no help on assisting.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ kenadams4355 commented ·

Hi @kenadams4355, please send us your account details at community.support@ringcentral.com so we can check.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app