Question

10DLC Campaign for casual use of SMS

• 21 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I'm finally taking care of our 10DLC registration, and I've gotten to the part in the process where I have to explain how we're "obtaining consent" from our customers. But, here's the thing... We are NOT using SMS for anything other than communication [duh, I guess]. We aren't actually doing any marketing or informative campaigns, we're just using it to say things like "it looks like you're not on the meeting yet, did you need to reschedule" or "I'm almost to the construction site, where should I meet you?"

We do not have a natural moment when we'd say to a new client "do you consent to receive SMS messages from us during the course of our project." Also, it would be pretty inappropriate to send a text like; "I'm sorry to hear that your wife is sick and you need to delay the project, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Please reply STOP if you would no longer like to receive SMS".

Is there anyone that can tell me what is going on?! Do I REALLY have to create a campaign? If so, how are y'all "obtaining consent?"

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Greg,You do have to create a campaign if you intend to continue using SMS.A campaign, a misnomer really, is YOUR specific use case - or how you are using SMS - Conversational, Informational, or Promotional.

For consent, it sounds like you're doing both conversational and informational.
I'm enclosing a slide here that might help you to make sense of the difference.

tcr-webinar-3-21.jpg

Unfortunately, for anything that isn't conversational, you will need to provide an opt-out for those you are texting.

In your registration, as silly as it may sound, you need to simply share what your request for consent will be.

Happy to answer further questions and support further.