question

greg-hayslett avatar image
greg-hayslett asked mary-community-moderator commented

10DLC Campaign for casual use of SMS

I'm finally taking care of our 10DLC registration, and I've gotten to the part in the process where I have to explain how we're "obtaining consent" from our customers. But, here's the thing... We are NOT using SMS for anything other than communication [duh, I guess]. We aren't actually doing any marketing or informative campaigns, we're just using it to say things like "it looks like you're not on the meeting yet, did you need to reschedule" or "I'm almost to the construction site, where should I meet you?"

We do not have a natural moment when we'd say to a new client "do you consent to receive SMS messages from us during the course of our project." Also, it would be pretty inappropriate to send a text like; "I'm sorry to hear that your wife is sick and you need to delay the project, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Please reply STOP if you would no longer like to receive SMS".

Is there anyone that can tell me what is going on?! Do I REALLY have to create a campaign? If so, how are y'all "obtaining consent?"

sms and text messaging
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Greg,You do have to create a campaign if you intend to continue using SMS.A campaign, a misnomer really, is YOUR specific use case - or how you are using SMS - Conversational, Informational, or Promotional.

For consent, it sounds like you're doing both conversational and informational.
I'm enclosing a slide here that might help you to make sense of the difference.

tcr-webinar-3-21.jpg

Unfortunately, for anything that isn't conversational, you will need to provide an opt-out for those you are texting.

In your registration, as silly as it may sound, you need to simply share what your request for consent will be.

Happy to answer further questions and support further.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mac Morehead avatar image Mac Morehead Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager your description was very helpful, thank you. To clarify further per your comment above:

" for anything that isn't conversational, you will need to provide an opt-out for those you are texting."

If our use case is solely conversational, our clients WILL NOT receive the "opt-in/opt-out/HELP" automated messaging in every conversation we engage in, correct?

Setting up our campaign for conversational use only does not allow us to deselect the Subscriber opt-in/opt-out attributes in step 4. We do not want every conversation we have with our high-profile clients to be followed by a cold, automated message asking them to STOP to op-out.tcr-subscriber.jpg

How do I know if/when these Subscriber attributes will apply? The description in the setup screen does not provide sufficient detail stating when these opt-in/opt-out automated messages will apply.

Thank you for your quick help. Once we understand this better, we can finish setting up our campaign.

0 Likes 0 ·
tcr-subscriber.jpg (66.1 KiB)
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Mac Morehead commented ·

@Mac Morehead Here is a video explicitly around consent:
https://vimeo.com/810384218/3214f97c0d
If this doesn't address your question, circle back and I'm glad to get more granular.

There is no automation currently - if you are interested in automation, I would suggest looking at BeeTexting.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Benjamin Glen avatar image Benjamin Glen commented ·

I have called the support desk. chatted on the support line. searched this these community threads. And I have still been denied 4 times for my campaign. Very frustrating and about to cancel my Ringcentral account.

1) I simply receive peoples resumes and have a database of them already.

2) I give them a phone call and we talk.

3) from that point we utilize texting conversationally.

I dont know how to prove consent that that way. I have a phone conversation with people and they wan to continue the dialogue through text.

I dont need consent to call someone, and I don't need consent to email someone. For some reason I need it to text the person I have been talking to on the phone with already! make no sense.

please advise me what to write in the campaign registration so it can get approved!!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Benjamin Glen commented ·

Hello @Benjamin Glen, we sent you an email to better assist you with your problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app