question

Bot Bot avatar image
Bot Bot asked Long Bui commented

SMS Issue in Sandbox errorCode MSG-242

I am recieving the below error when testing in the API explorer. Any idea what the issue is?

Request: curl --request POST \ --url 'https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms' \ 
--header 'accept: application/json' \ 
--header 'authorization: Bearer xxxUFIRQ' \ 
--header 'content-type: application/json' \ 
--data '{"from":{"phoneNumber":"+13236483519"},"text":"hello world","to":[{"phoneNumber":"+15514042223"}]}'
Response:{ 
"errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable", 
"message": "The requested feature is not available", 
"errors": [ { "errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available" } ]
 }
sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Long Bui commented

SMS enabled for your number. Please retest.

BTW, next time please clean the post by breaking into lines to make it readable. I fixed it this time.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bot Bot avatar image Bot Bot commented ·

thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Bot Bot avatar image Bot Bot commented ·

Hello @Phong Vu / @Dmitriy Ivanov

I have now graduated to production and seeing the same error. Do you need to enable something again? thanks.

Request:

{ "from": { "phoneNumber": "+16466502260" }, "to": [ { "phoneNumber": "+15514042223" } ], "text": "Helo World" }

Response:

{ "errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable", "message": "The requested feature is not available", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available" } ] }

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Bot Bot commented ·

Did you read the extension phone number and check if the number has the SmsSender feature?

async function read_extension_phone_number(){
    try {
        var resp = await platform.get("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/phone-number")
        var jsonObj = await resp.json()
        for (var record of jsonObj.records){
            for (feature of record.features){
                if (feature == "SmsSender"){
                    console.log(`This phone number ${record.phoneNumber} is SMS enabled`)
                }
            }
        }
    } catch(e) {
        console.log(e.message)
        process.exit(1)
    }
}

If the number does have the SmsSender feature and you still get that error message. Please contact RingCentral customer support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Long Bui avatar image Long Bui commented ·

Same problem, @Phong Vu could you help me to enable SMS?

Sandbox: +13132462899

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitriy Ivanov avatar image
Dmitriy Ivanov answered Phong Vu commented

Dear @Phong Vu, I am also facing same problem. I work with the sandbox +16506950410. Could you please enable Sms service?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

SMS enabled for your number. Please retest.

Next time, please post a new question to avoid bothering other with thread updated notification. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Long Bui avatar image
Long Bui answered Long Bui commented

Dear @Phong Vu

I am also facing the same problem. I work with the sandbox +13132462899. Could you please enable SMS service?

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Please read this post and open a dev support ticket.

Next time, please post a new question to avoid bothering other with thread updated notification. Thanks

-1 Like -1 ·
Long Bui avatar image Long Bui Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for your advice. I see another one do that in this thread and you reply directly so I think you will centralize the problem for SEO.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys